Tuesday 10 July 2012

Chapter - 3

I was reading news paper and that’s when my eyes fell on a few letters lying on the table. I grabbed and quickly ran through them. To my surprise, I found a courier addressed to me from “Saaya – U R Shadow”. Yes, it’s been almost 5 years, that I received a letter from her. I was excited! I was about to open that letter and just then I heard my cell phone ringing. I picked my phone and answered the call.

Hey Abhay, its Darsh here said the other voice. I was wondering which Darsh for a moment and quickly he said, its director Darsh here. My heartily congratulations to you for winning such a fabulous award Abhay, he said. I was very much excited talking to him and thanked him again and again. Well, I got a proposal my boy and I hope you won’t disappoint me, he said. Sir please go ahead. Abhay, you must be aware that I have been doing an experimental movie with all new comers and I would want you to give your voice to the main lead in this movie. Hope you won’t turn me down. Sir, you need not request me on this, all you need to do is just order me. It would be any one’s dream working with you and I consider myself to be blessed and honored. Well, thanks a lot Abhay, so let’s meet tomorrow at my residence and discuss things in detail, said Darsh. I obliged. Bid a bye and I then hung up the call.

Whoa… I was jumping out of excitement. I looked at the letter in my hand and kissed at it. I Started looking for my mom and when I found her in the kitchen, I just went and hugged her and said, mom…… It’s a big day to me. I am very happy. Guess what? I just spoke to director Darsh. I am going to work with him in his upcoming movie. I would be giving voice to the main lead in it. Can’t believe it! Wow, congratulations my dear, that’s really a good news, am happy for you, said mom.

I again looked at the letter in my hand and said hey mom, you remember me saying about a girl who used to write me letters? Yeah… her name was something Maya or Saaya, said mom. Yeah, there you go… she’s Saaya, “Saaya – U R Shadow” to be precise. I got a letter from her today almost after 5 years. And mom, you know right she was my lucky charm. She always brings in good news along with her letters. See, even today she got me good news. Mom, let me go and quickly read this. Sure, said mom and smiled at me. I took leave from her and went into my bedroom. I jumped up and sat on my bed. I carefully tore one side of the courier. There was a card within. I gently pulled it out. It was a Congratulations greeting card. I opened it. As I was seeing the card, I slowly slipped into those days, when I first started receiving her letters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;